My Part and God's Part

>> Wednesday, January 12, 2011

For several years I’ve had issues with too much acid and my esophagus. So I’ve been given a list of foods to avoid. (Chocolate is in the list) 

In September we took two trips … one to the ocean and one to Boise. It’s hard to eat correctly while traveling. October included two more trips … this time for business … to San Diego and then Tulalip (that’s in Washington).

Then came Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas … etc. The list was pushed to the back of my mind.

Well, in the past few days, the list moved to front and center. I’ve been in pain. Yesterday morning, as I drove to work my conversation with God went something like this.

“God, I ask that you touch me. I know you are able to do that.”

He gently reminded me that I had eaten badly … repeatedly.

“So how do I pray? How do I ask you to touch me when the distress is my own fault?”

He was still there … listening.

“Ok, I get it. If I do my part, then I’ll leave the rest up to you. Please help me do my part.”

Today I’m better. I have chocolate covered almonds (a birthday present) sitting on my desk at work. Yesterday I just looked at them. A co-worker went to McDonald’s for lunch and McDonald’s made an error and gave him two orders of French fries. McDonald’s fries are my favorite. I said “no” when offered the other order.

I’m struggling to do my part and leave the rest to God.

2 comments:

Joanne Sher January 12, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

Self-control is HARD. Praying for ya! I'd give away the almonds if I were you. That would be SO hard for me.

Joy Bach January 12, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

Thanks Joanne. And I have so much help here at work. They read the blog, so I've already been offered some of my almonds.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP