Turtle Religion

>> Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yesterday my husband and I took a walk … in the drizzle which turned to rain. So we dressed for the occasion with our waterproof jackets with hoods. Apparently my head isn’t big enough (surprise) for the hood. No matter how I fixed the strings and Velcro, the bill on the hood kept sliding down, making a roof over my glasses.

I couldn’t see very well.

All I could see was straight ahead. Only because I could hear him, could I tell my husband was walking beside me. Crossing streets was an issue. Like a turtle, I poked my head out (by pulling my hood back) to check for cars. Communication was difficult with my husband, as I was muffled by the hood.

And as I walked, I thought about some churches I’ve been in. That is exactly what they require of their members. Do not look around to see if someone might need to know about Jesus. They will contaminate you. There is only one focus … obeying the rules. It doesn’t really matter if another church member is walking beside you. They are supposed to have the same focus as you, so both of you are looking straight ahead. If you are both doing it correctly, communication will be difficult. There is no poking your head out.

Are you a turtle?

2 comments:

Té la mà Maria - Reus January 30, 2011 at 11:57 AM  

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia
thank you

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP