Dull of Hearing

>> Friday, February 4, 2011

Listening to Chuck Swindoll’s podcast, I couldn’t get past a phrase he used … dull of hearing. Think about it. How many people do you know who are dull of hearing?

Children are very good at this. You ask them to do something, and nothing happens. You ask again. Still nothing. I’ve watched time and again when the parent resorts to yelling to get the child’s attention. Is the child dull of hearing … or have they just trained the parent how to react?

It doesn’t get better when they are teenagers. With how loudly they listen to their music plugged in their ears, they may very well be dull of hearing. But they also live in their own world and tune others out.

And now to the nitty-gritty. How about spouses? Are any of you dull of hearing? Does your spouse have to throw things, yell, cry, or leave to get your attention?

Dull of hearing can apply to any type of relationship … including my relationship with my God. His book tells me the way He wants me to live, If I choose to be dull of hearing, I will ignore the words of wisdom and go my own way.

Just as there are consequences for the child who doesn’t listen … the spouse who seems to not hear … I reap the consequences of not listening. It may take years before I finally hear what God has been saying all along.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP