Look Around

>> Monday, February 14, 2011

Yesterday I sat in church in front of a man who was carrying an oxygen tank and had the little hose prongs in his nose. There was a “swish-swish” sound each time the machine gave him some oxygen. As I listened to the rhythm of his life-saving air, I felt so very grateful for my health.

I am facing a medical test this week. Of course it has been on my mind. And I will have to have a monitor hooked to me for 48 hours. How can I whine about that, when he will (unless he is healed) have to carry his oxygen the rest of his life?

I also know that he buried his son two weeks ago.

More gratitude. No parent should have to attend their child’s funeral.

If you are feeling down, look around. You can always find someone worse off than you.

2 comments:

Bonnie,  February 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM  

I'll be praying for you, Joy.

Joy Bach February 15, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

Thank you very much, Bonnie. I really appreciate it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP