My Little Black Box

>> Friday, February 18, 2011

I must say it’s been a unique experience to be tethered to a fanny pack … never to be more than three feet away from my body. No matter what I am doing; whether exercising, showering or sleeping I am very aware of exactly where that little monitor is. And from deep inside my body, a signal is being transmitted to the little black box, sending information. When I return the monitor to the doctor, a record of that information will be printed out for the doctor to review.

As I have tracked the proximity of the monitor, my mind has turned to my Christian walk. Just exactly how close do I keep Christ? Am I aware every moment of His proximity? Do I exercise, shower and sleep with Him in mind?

And what about the signal I’m sending from deep within me? What kind of information am I transmitting? Do I really want those thoughts recorded and printed out for God to review some day?

Where’s your fanny pack?

2 comments:

Laury February 18, 2011 at 5:19 PM  

Very thought-provoking, Joy.

Joy Bach February 18, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

Thanks Laury. Appreciate your comment.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP