Sending Signals

>> Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I’ve had a capsule attached to the inside of my esophagus since last Wednesday. It was placed there to send signals to a monitor I carried for 48 hours. I’ve returned the monitor to the doctor, but the capsule has lingered on … sending signals to the aliens, I guess. I was told I wouldn’t be able to feel it (big untruth) and that it would release and pass through me (lovely) in 5-7 days.

This little (gel cap size) piece of equipment affected the way I breathed, swallowed, coughed, sneezed, and slept. I was aware of it constantly. Even though I tried not to think about it, it was always there, in the background. At midnight last night it decided to move. I was wide awake for 45 minutes, pondering my insides.

Sin is like that. It affects everything. Even though we try to ignore it, the results of sin are evident in our lives. And as we sin, we are sending signals to the people around us. If we say we are a Christ follower, they will be very aware of our hypocrisy.

As we live in this world, there will always be sin. But one of these days … whether through death or rapture … all sin signals will fall away. God will see each of us for exactly who we are on the inside, no monitor required. Today, and every day, I need to focus on my actions with the same awareness as I have had of that little capsule.

3 comments:

Laury February 22, 2011 at 9:26 AM  

Great analogy, Joy. You're getting really good at these, my Washington friend. One thing I would advise now is add a Bible verse to go with your post and you will be good to go!

Joanne Sher February 22, 2011 at 2:25 PM  

LOVE this analogy, Joy. Super reminder. Gonna remember this one.

Joy Bach February 23, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

Thank you to both of you. I appreciate your encouragement.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP