WHYAMI

>> Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I have personalized license plates. They say WHYAMI. Yes, they do. I’ve been made fun of a great deal.

In my effort to get a message across to the people sitting in the lane behind me, walking past my car at the gym or sitting at Starbucks, I wanted my plates to say something like PURPOSE or CHOICES. You are only allowed to have seven letters and those words were already taken.

One day I parked my car at Starbucks and walked toward the door. A young man I had never seen before was sitting at an outside table. As I walked by, he asked, “So have you figured it out yet?” It took me a moment, but what an opening. “Yes, I have.” Suddenly I was in the midst of a Divine appointment.

Another impact from having such specialized plates is that I am very recognizable. Thus, I became very aware of how I was driving. I am trying to send a positive message, which just won’t work if I cut someone off in traffic. And the police would certainly have no trouble identifying my car.

If you say you are a Christ-follower, then you have people reading you. Are you sending conflicting messages? You never know when you might have a Divine appointment.

2 comments:

Laury February 16, 2011 at 5:38 PM  

Very true - I work in a high school and the kids are always watching me. They question things I do and say, like why do I have a Bible sitting on my desk and they've even said I never lose my temper. lol. I do, I just don't lose it to the extent they see it at home. I like being a light in their world. It's a responsibility I do not take lightly.

Joy Bach February 16, 2011 at 6:36 PM  

Thanks so much for commenting Laury. It is so true. Kids notice things like that. Good for you.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP