On My Horizon

>> Monday, March 28, 2011

This is the view I have from my neighborhood. It’s the steam cloud rising from the Hanford Nuclear Site. It is a constant on my horizon. In view of the tragedy and subsequent ramifications occurring currently in Japan, the cloud is a daily reminder of the possibility of danger in my own area of the country.

But as I’ve pondered the events in Japan, my thoughts have turned to other dangers that can be on anyone’s horizon.

How about the health dangers? America has become a nation full of obese people. The internet, newspapers, magazines and television all report the statistics on the danger of obesity. Just as a cloud looms on my horizon, a stroke or heart attack may loom in the distance for others.

I have struggled with over eating my whole life. I understand how hard it is to control. Do I really see that health issue on my horizon? Do you?

What about living with an abusive spouse? Again, the media is full of statistics about the maiming and death of people at the hands of their “loved” ones. Do you have the signals that your life is in danger? Or have you simply placed your head in the sand … saying it could never happen to you?

The list could go on and on. If you are aware of a danger on your horizon, you know who you are. Please don’t just learn to live with it.
“What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.” Matthew 10:29-31 (NLT)


3 comments:

Rita Garcia March 28, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

Thanks, Joy, for sharing this post and challenging us to dig deeper in Him!

Joy Bac March 28, 2011 at 2:08 PM  

Thanks, Rita. It's so nice to receive comments.

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps March 29, 2011 at 9:57 AM  

HE is able and we simply need to rest in that - having said it - now I could try to do it, eh?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP