The Source

>> Thursday, March 31, 2011

Working steadily in my garden, I was listening intently to Chuck Swindoll as I snipped with my pruners. Suddenly Chuck went silent. I had cut the cord to my headphones.

Another day, I was vacuuming. As I worked my way across the room, my cord was holding me back so I gave a little tug on the vacuum. No more suction. I had pulled the cord from the plug in the wall.

I have an atomic clock, which operates on a signal sent from Colorado. One day I moved a metal file cabinet into my office. I began to notice the clock was no longer keeping perfect time. After moving the clock to several different locations, I realized the file cabinet had blocked the signal.

In each of these incidents, I was no longer connected to the source. Somewhere in the world, Chuck was still speaking, but I was no longer receiving his message. The electricity did not suddenly disappear from my home. There was no longer a connection to it when the vacuum became unplugged. And that signal from Colorado was still beaming out across the air waves. My clock was not receiving the information because I had allowed something to get in the way.

As a Christ-follower, I have a Source that is steadfast and eternal. His message is always there, His power never goes off and He constantly sends His love and care across the air waves. It’s up to me to ensure that nothing cuts off or blocks my connection to that Source.

Just as my carelessness caused the cord to be cut, I can become thoughtless and unconcerned in my walk with Christ. If I’m not observant of my own actions, I can become unplugged from my power Source, leaving me depressed and empty. And there are many ways to block His signal from entering my life. When I allow these impediments, I stray off course and become an ineffective witness to God’s love and compassion.

“He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, they run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind.” Isaiah 40:29-31 (MSG)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP