Passing Power

>> Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Driving on two-lane highways used to concern me. It took all the nerve I had to stick my nose out from behind a slow moving vehicle to check and see if I could pass. I needed a long straight stretch for me to have time to get out … pass … and tuck back in. Driving was what I did to get from Point A to Point B.

Then I purchased an Acura TL.

The first time I poked my nose out … waited for my chance … and passed, I was very aware something was drastically different. It was as though I decided to pass and suddenly it had occurred. When I pushed on the accelerator, I had power. Driving … even on two-lane roads … became a delightful experience.

The first half of my life, my two-lane highways concerned me. I would occasionally stick my nose out, but would quickly decide it was just too dangerous out there … and withdraw. I traveled from Point A to Point B with no joy or pleasure in living. The journey was just a mandatory part of life.


Then I discovered God loves me.

The very first time I stuck my nose out, I had Someone right beside me … helping me sail past the obstacle in my road. The problem didn’t go away, but now I had access to a Power I had never had before. No longer did life consist of just trying to get from Point A to Point B.

Since I’ve tapped into an unending Source of power … life is a delightful experience.

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.” Acts 1:8a (NLT)


2 comments:

Lisa Mikitarian June 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM  

It took me a long time to stick my nose out, too. And every once in a while, I still get thumped--but it doesn't matter so much any more.

An awesome post, Joy. Your story never fails to touch me.

Joy Bach June 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

Good morning, Lisa Thanks so much for your ongoing encouragement. I do stick my nose out quite frequently now.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP