What Direction are You Traveling?

>> Monday, June 27, 2011

I know the sun comes up in the east and sets in the west. So when I left home to drive south to John Day, Oregon, I knew I was driving south. Profound … huh? As I drove along I glanced at my GPS screen. It shows me what highway I’m on, where filling stations and restaurants are, government property and state parks, rivers and lakes.

It also shows me what direction I’m going.
As I looked at the little arrow pointing directly north … indicating I was traveling north … I quickly checked out the highway sign. Had I made a wrong turn? How could I possibly be going north?

I wasn’t.

Apparently, my GPS was no longer receiving a signal. I continued south on the highway, glancing occasionally at the GPS screen. After awhile, the arrow magically switched to point south.

Now the GPS and I agreed.

I thought of life. I lived many years with absolutely no idea what direction I was traveling. My church told me I was going a certain direction, but years later I discovered the information I received there was false. But I had relied on a faulty system. Just as the GPS failed to provide correct directions for me as I drove, my church had failed to provide correct directions for me as I journeyed through life. And I took them at their word, instead of checking for myself.

I now know exactly what direction I am traveling.

It’s nice to have a church home. I love having the fellowship of other believers. But when it comes to making sure I’m going the right direction, I don’t turn to a human being for that guidance. I have a GPS that never fails.

Do you know what direction you are traveling?

“Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.” Psalms 25:4 (NLT)

2 comments:

Rita Garcia June 27, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

Amen! Yes, we have a direct connection with the Father! Praise God!

Joy Bach June 27, 2011 at 12:14 PM  

Yes, no more following the little black book called a "manual" that our church had. Good to hear from you.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP