Reflection

>> Thursday, August 18, 2011

As I turned west to leave the gym parking lot, the brilliant glow through my windshield deprived me of the ability to see. Should I mention it was 6:00 a.m.? Therefore, the sun was just rising. But in my line of sight was a large house with many windows on the east side. I quickly adjusted the direction I was looking … and traveled on home.


But those golden glowing windows stayed with me (literally in my eyes for awhile and figuratively) as I mulled over the significance of just how powerful that reflection had been.  

More pondering over the day, as I checked a dictionary for the definition of reflection.  

An image given back from a reflecting surface; a reflected counterpart 

Which led me to look up the word counterpart.  

One that has the same functions and characteristics as another 

As a Christ-follower, I am called to reflect Christ.  

In our world today there are many who call themselves Christians. But their actions do not reflect Christ. In fact, many times, in their process of picketing, proclaiming untruths and judging others, they reflect evil.  

No wonder so many people want nothing to do with Christians.  

And so I ask myself … just what am I reflecting? Is it just a tiny light? Is there a light at all? What more do I need to learn … do … be … to reflect the dazzling light that shines on me?  

“When Moses finished speaking to them, he put a veil over his face. But whenever he entered the Lord’s presence to speak with Him, he removed the veil until he came out. And when he came out and told the Israelites what he had been commanded, they saw that his face was radiant. Then Moses would put the veil back over his face until he went in to speak with the Lord.”
Exodus 34:33-35 (TNIV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP