Repurposed

>> Thursday, August 4, 2011

With the crowd flowing all around me, I stood and looked at the sign on the vendor booth. Reused … Recycled … Repurposed. Those three words struck a chord in my soul. I had lived them. But it was the last word that filled me with a sense of accomplishment.  

I now lived a repurposed life.  

I grew up with the understanding I was good for cleaning the house, cooking the food, doing the ironing, having babies … separating myself from all the evil people in my neighborhood and school … and attending church every time the door was open. If I could perform all that perfectly, then I might make it to heaven.  

When I met Jesus, I discovered I had received false training. He only cared about my heart … and my heart could not be damaged by the neighbors or classmates. I was the only one who could inflict the damage. If I gave my heart to Him, He would protect it. And so began my repurposed life.  

There was one more line on that sign that said, “Into functional art.” As I looked at the wares on display, I wasn’t too sure about that declaration. But I was sure about what I had become … a functional human being … whose new purpose is to care about others, showing them God’s love.


“Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 (MSG)  


2 comments:

Joanne Sher August 4, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

YES! Love this idea of a repurposed life. And He has given us one!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP