Life in a Car Wash

>> Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I lined my car tires up with the track … or at least I tried to. The young man standing in front of my car motioned for me to turn my tire a little. Soon I felt my car slide into the narrow slot. Placing it in neutral and removing my foot from the brake, I was ready for my trip through the car wash.  

The suds on my windows were so thick I could not see out. I was isolated from the outside world … in a cocoon of soap, metal and glass. Next came the strips of some kind of material … slapping against my car … knocking off dirt and grime. Slowly the car inched forward to the forceful water spray.  

I thought even if I wanted to get out, I couldn’t. I’m trapped in here.  

I began to feel the buffeting of the blowers … aimed at my car to dry it. As the windshield cleared, I could see the end of the tunnel. Young men with cloths surrounded my car and began the final drying.  

And then that track my tire had been resting on spit me out into the parking lot and my journey through the car wash was complete. 

Have you ever felt that way about your life? I have.  

At a young age, I was placed on a rigid track that propelled me in only one direction. I lived an isolated life … alone in my cocoon spun from threads of dogma. And I was trapped. Thoughts of escaping eluded me. This was my lot in life.  

An arranged marriage in my teen years only changed the location of the cocoon. Rule after rule was added to my ever-growing list … slapping against my spirit and knocking off any creative or personal thoughts. And the buffeting … the buffeting … was relentless.  

I saw no end to my tunnel. Ever been there?  

Even though I was unaware of His presence, God was there in that cocoon with me … infusing me with strength … preparing me for the time I would be spit out into life. I look back on that time and marvel at God’s provision for me … emotionally and mentally.  

He will do the same for you.  

“And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?” Luke 12:28 (NLT)


1 comments:

Rita Garcia October 5, 2011 at 6:46 AM  

When I look back at all He has brought me through, it is only by His strength and mercy that I survived. Praise God, He cares and His love is the greatest healer of all!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP