Private Adjustments

>> Tuesday, October 18, 2011

As I walk on the treadmill at the gym each morning, I can see out the window and down the street. But the gym room is also reflected in the glass. This morning, as I was walking (at 3.5 mph), listening to Chuck Swindoll’s podcast and minding my own business … there was a sudden movement in the reflection that caught my attention. By the time I realized what I was seeing, it was too late. A young man on a treadmill two machines over decided to adjust his private parts. He thought he was safe from anyone seeing him. His back was to the room.

How many adjustments do we make as we journey through life … adjustments we think are being done privately … and no one can see? I imagine we would be very surprised to learn how many people have seen those private adjustments. They can range from sneaking food (which I’ve done) to keeping some money to yourself and not telling your spouse to having an affair.

We may think we’ve gotten away with these secretive actions, but there is Someone who knows all about us … every second of the day … and knows each move we make. We have no secrets from Him.



"The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be." Jeremiah 17:10 (MSG)


1 comments:

dandelionfleur October 19, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

definitely something I will ponder--especially tomorrow morning in the gym!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP