Irrelevant

>> Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It seemed irrelevant. It was such a small window … and up high on the wall. So when we had window coverings installed in our new home, we placed blinds in every window but that one. During the summer months, I enjoyed looking out at the blue sky … puffy clouds … as I worked at my computer. But now it’s late fall. And I have a problem. A certain time of day, when I sit at my desk, the sun is shining in my face … which makes it impossible to see the screen. I have tried to plan my day around that issue … just not going to the computer during that hour. I finally resorted to placing a box and then a pillow in the window so I could use my computer.  

How do I explain a box and pillow in my window?  

So we had the window covering people come back … measure, order and install a little blind. If the sun begins to shine in my face, I just use the cord hanging down at the side of the blind and shift the slats upward.  

Why did I wait so long to do that?  

Life is like that. Some small action or word can seem irrelevant. We enjoy our world … all the time aware that there is an issue. But it only happens occasionally. Is it really worth the effort to try and remedy it? We alter our day to avoid someone. Or we change our behavior when we are around a certain person. We use boxes and pillows to avoid the issue.  

Why not take care of it? In most cases, a fix is available. It might cost you something … time or money … but it will make a huge difference in your life.  

“You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17 (MSG)


4 comments:

Sherry November 15, 2011 at 2:40 PM  

I think for many of us there is that whole confrontation thing. It's easier to pretend there isn't a problem rather than face a person we have issues with and actually discuss them. You're right, though. When the fix is easy we should every time. I'm a work in progress but at least I'm going forward.

Joy Bach November 15, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

Sherry, I agree. So many people just cannot confront. For years I was one of them. It is a work in progress. Now I have to work on the love and caring as I confront.

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps November 16, 2011 at 7:11 AM  

Yes, why do we wait so long to get free and to get relief? Very good question!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP