I Have Jesus

>> Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas … when we celebrate the birth of that little Baby. But sometimes the true meaning of Christmas gets lost in the shuffle of shopping, decorating, parties and family gatherings.  

A few years ago something happened in my life that made the birth of that Baby take on a whole new meaning.  

We had a small group of people who met in our home every week. Loren, Linda and their teenage daughter, Danielle, were a part of our little church family.  

Linda and Danielle were murdered in their home. Our small group took charge of feeding the family that gathered. Each day, My husband, John, and I delivered their evening meal.  

The tragedy occurred on a Monday. On Thursday, we sat with Loren on a back deck of the house where he was staying. As we shared and listened, he began to talk of peace … his peace. And then he said the words that so impacted my life.  

“I have Jesus.”  

That says it all. That’s why that little Baby was born.  

May you be able to say, “I have Jesus” and feel His peace this Christmas.


“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27 (NIV)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP