Voice from the Past

>> Saturday, January 14, 2012

The tree in the back yard begged to be climbed. The outstretched branches were just perfect for sitting. But I wasn’t supposed to be in that tree … I was a little girl in a dress. My place was quietly sitting in a corner.  

Growing up, my playmates were my nieces and nephews. Some of them lived in the same town … others came to visit on weekends. Two nieces and one nephew were very close in age … the nieces a matter of weeks younger and the nephew five months younger.  

It was the nephew, Allen, who did me in. We climbed the tree … and wouldn’t you know it … we planted our feet in the same crook at the same time … and got stuck. The consequence eludes my memory, but the tree climbing was a highlight of my four-year old life.

Perfect trees … designed for climbing and sitting … still catch my attention.  

Fast forward to last Tuesday. I had been having computer issues and was unable to post my blog. So I sent a little blurb to my Distribution Lists that I was having computer trouble and would return when I could.  

Tuesday morning … at work … I received a phone call. It was Allen … truly a voice from the past. I’m not sure how many years it’s been since I saw him. 20?  30? But guess what? He works on computers. That evening it was a delight to get caught up … and the tree climbing incident was recalled.  

And he fixed my computer … walking me slowly and carefully through the steps.  

As I thought about this event, I wondered how many people used to have a relationship with Jesus … walking with Him … talking with Him … maybe even climbing a tree to view His world. And then the years passed … distance happened … and you lost touch.  

Now you have issues. He’s a Master of all trades. No matter what is broken, He cares … and wants you to reach out to Him.  

Don’t let Him be just a Voice from the past.


Remember what it says:

“Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled.” Hebrews 3:15 (NLT)


2 comments:

Joanne Sher January 15, 2012 at 5:26 AM  

LOVING this lesson, Joy. Great stuff!

Joy Bach January 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM  

Thanks so much Joanne. You are so special to me.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP