Boise State ... or Denver

>> Saturday, February 18, 2012

I’m a Boise State football fan … or maybe I should say was. Kellen and his peers have graduated and moved on. At one of their games, I purchased an orange and blue baseball cap that says Broncos and has a picture of a horse’s head on the front. The little strap across the back says Boise State.  

Yet repeatedly people have said to me, “Go Broncos. I love Denver.” A little miffed that they would mistake Boise for Denver, I researched the colors and logo for Denver. Guess what? The website was orange and blue and had a horse’s head.  

My husband recently presented me with a t-shirt that says Boise State on it. No more confusion about where my loyalties lie. In the grocery store and at the gym … wherever I wear my t-shirt … people comment on their love for Boise State.  

So I wonder … as I go through my day … what am I telling others about my faith? Does carrying my Bible declare me a Christ-follower? I don’t take it in the grocery store … or to the gym. Do my words … or even my facial expressions … tell others I am a fan of Christ? Just as the Denver Broncos and Boise State have the same colors and logo, so there are many religions that look the same.  

My new t-shirt clearly states I’m a Boise State fan. And so I ponder exactly how to make it clear to those around me I love Christ.  

“Do everything readily and cheerfully—no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God.” Philippians 2:14-15 (MSG)


1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM  

Yayyy!!!! Boise State!!!

Bonnie

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP