One Bad Apple

>> Saturday, February 11, 2012

It’s a weekly date … our trip to Costco.  I’m not sure I would ever go there except it’s so important to my husband. But the ritual is now ingrained. I no longer ask “why?” … just “when?” He gets lost in the “techie” section and I spend time at the book table. When we join up again, it’s time to select our food purchases.  

Yesterday I bought some Gala apples … in the plastic container that’s kind of like an egg carton … separate cups for each apple. Later, when it was time to place the apples on the conveyor belt, I noticed one apple was a different color than the rest. One push in the top of it and I could tell that apple was bad … through and through.  

So I exchanged the container for one with all good apples.  

But I kept thinking about that one bad apple. No matter where we go in life … work … school … church … there will always be at least one bad apple. That plastic apple container was designed to prevent any apples from touching; therefore, the one bad apple was not able to contaminate any of the other apples.  

As Christians, we have the same type of safeguard … a buffer … from the bad apples. We are never commanded to keep ourselves separate from the non-Christian … just to keep ourselves protected. When we keep our mind on Him … He provides the barrier … preventing any corruption from occurring.  

“A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.” Ephesians 6:10-17 (NLT)  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP