A Dream Delayed

>> Saturday, March 24, 2012

Measurements are a funny thing. They need to be correct. As a seamstress, I understand that if I measure incorrectly, the clothes will not fit. Usually the error can be fixed, but with frustrating hours of ripping out, re-cutting and re-sewing. The same criteria are true for many other areas … such as baking a cake … or building a house.  

Measurements also need to be correct for constructing tables, shelves and cutting table for a sewing area.  

Somehow the measurements for the cutting table were wrong. It’s a gorgeous table … on wheels so I can move it out from the wall … with a fold-down extension on the back. The drawers and doors are designed specifically for my stuff.  

But it’s too long to fit in the slot intended.  

Thus, the bookshelf that was to go on that back wall had to be moved to the other wall. That required further re-arranging of the bookshelves on the other wall … along with moving the furniture already in my room over about three inches.  

The Formica shelf attached to the side of the bookshelf (for my iron when I’m ironing) had to be removed because it is now against the wall.  

I’m on hold.  

Delayed dreams are frustrating. It took me several hours to work through my emotions. Being in limbo is unsettling. And I felt so sorry for the builder, who took it very hard. But that is exactly the way life works. Re-arranging the room is not the end of the world. The ideas for the original layout came from a borrowed book on designing sewing rooms.  

Who knows? Maybe the end results will be better than I planned.  

“We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails.” Proverbs 19:21 (MSG)


2 comments:

Joy Bach March 25, 2012 at 6:40 PM  

Thanks, Joanne. Appreciate your encouragement.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP