Jigsaw Puzzles

>> Saturday, April 14, 2012

Jigsaws puzzles are such fun … and I’m good at them. They come in all shapes, sizes and cuts … as in some of them are not interlocking. Those pieces just slide together … and they are the most difficult. When my daughters and I get together to spend a week … we work puzzles … and make memories.  

Imagine my delight when I discovered I could work puzzles on my iPad.  

There are rules for putting together a puzzle. First you put all the edge together. That builds the framework for your picture. And of course, you must have in front of you the picture of what the completed project is to look like. This helps you group colors and patterns … enabling you to work on small sections that you can then join together to make a bigger section.  

Before you know it, your puzzle is complete.   

Life is just like that. But not everyone understands about the framework for their existence. No one told me … therefore it was impossible for me to make sense of all my pieces. The picture of the completed project I had in front of me was all one color … and none of the pieces were interlocking. I would think I had a piece that worked and it would slide to a different spot.  

I spent half my life trying to put that puzzle together.  

Then I discovered the correct framework … in a book called the Bible. As I read its words, the completed picture came forth. One color was about loving … another about forgiving. Patterns emerged for parenting … marriage … and even growing old.  

I’ve completed several sections … and am working on joining them together … to enable me to become more like Jesus.


“So come on, let's leave the preschool fingerpainting exercises on Christ and get on with the grand work of art. Grow up in Christ. The basic foundational truths are in place: turning your back on "salvation by self-help" and turning in trust toward God; baptismal instructions; laying on of hands; resurrection of the dead; eternal judgment. God helping us, we'll stay true to all that. But there's so much more. Let's get on with it!” Hebrews 6:1-3 (MSG)


3 comments:

Yvonne Blake April 14, 2012 at 2:17 PM  

I love jigsaw puzzles, too. They help my mind to think through problems. I like this analogy. Great thoughts!

Joy Bach April 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM  

Thanks Yvonne. That's what they do for me too. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

Joanne Sher April 15, 2012 at 4:45 AM  

Great analogy, Joy. I need to pull a jigsaw puzzle out, I think.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP