Just Call Me Mule

>> Monday, April 30, 2012

Since I no longer ride behind my husband on the motorcycle, I have become very useful to the motorcycle club. I love to drive … and enjoy spending time outdoors … even camping in a tent. Attending a motorcycle rally in a beautiful part of the country allows me to do all of that … and more.  

They call me their mule.  

If I am attending a rally, then my car is used to haul stuff … tents … sleeping bags … chairs … and other varied and assorted items. I meet with the group early in the morning … we have breakfast … and then my car is loaded with their things. I wave goodbye as they head out … and climb in my car for some fun time for me.  

They like the twisties … and I like straight and fast … works out just fine.  

Two weeks ago, my mule status changed to a more personal one. Attending motorcycle training, my husband fell … landed on a large rock … and bruised his hip. It’s hard to carry things when walking with a cane. So guess who carries them.  

I’m a versatile mule.  

My Bible tells me I’m to be another kind of mule … carrying another’s burdens to help lighten their load. The Message Bible puts it this way: “Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens….” We all have cares and worries, but sometimes they become overwhelming.  

That’s when the Christian mule steps in.  

“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2 (TNIV)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP