Moment of Truth

>> Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The nippy nights are a faded memory … little green buds are poking up from the ground and on the tree branches.  

Spring is here.  

Which leads to that awful moment of truth … will they still fit?  

Each change of season brings with it the changing of the clothes … from ones that will keep you warm for ones that will help you stay cool … or the other way around. Last weekend was my time for sorting … placing some in a Goodwill pile … and others in a container to await their turn next winter.  

And each change of season I dream of trying them on … and low and behold … they are just too big. Yet for several seasons that hasn’t happened. Standing on the scales ahead of time told me they would fit just like last year.  

But one can always hope … and change eating habits.  

As I sorted through my clothes, my mind wandered back to my life the last time I took these clothes out. Had there been any change in my attitudes … my relationship with loved ones … in my walk with Christ … in the last year? Or am I just the same size?  

And there is always that awful moment of truth when I step on the scales of guidelines for Christ-followers … the Bible … and check out my progress. Just as some years the clothes are a little (or a lot) too tight … sometimes I fall far short in representing Christ. 

But I can do more than hope for a difference next time. I can change my habits … work on my attitudes … and ask for God’s help.  

One day it will be my last moment of truth.


“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’” Matthew 25:21 (NIV)

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP