Tornado Country

>> Saturday, April 28, 2012

In the distance, the clouds lit up with lightening … but no thunder rolled. My husband and I sat on our patio enjoying one of the first warm enough evenings to sit outside. As we talked, the flashes of light grew brighter and closer.  

And then we heard the first peal of thunder.  

“If I still lived in Kansas, now is when I would start being afraid … and looking for shelter. I’m sure glad I don’t live in tornado country any more.”  

Perfectly at peace about the storm building outside, I went to bed. The next morning at the gym I heard snatches of conversation about the storm. At work, co-workers talked of the wind … pouring rain … blinding lightening flashes … and cracking thunder. The morning paper had pictures of trees on houses … and a trampoline that had been moved from one back yard to the roof of the house next door.   

I slept through it all.   

As a Christ-follower, I can relate to this scenario. Before I understood who God is … I lived in perpetual “tornado” country … never knowing when one was going to hit. My life was full of wind, pouring rain, blinding lightening and cracking thunder … all designed to make me fearful of God and the destruction He could cause in my life.  

But I’ve moved from “tornado” country … into the peace of God’s love … where I rest securely.


“So God’s rest is there for people to enter…..” Hebrews 4:6a (NLT)


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP