WD-40

>> Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The driver's side door hinge on my car needed to be oiled. But when I was getting in my car, that wasn't a good time to stop and oil it. When I returned home ... tired from work ... or with groceries ... that wasn't a good time either.  

So I put up with the noise and that it was hard to open. Plus there is the fact WD-40 really stinks.  

It was time for an oil change. I scheduled the appointment ... took the car by Meyer's Auto Tech ... waited the allotted time for the work to be completed ... paid my bill ... and walked to my car. With my hand on the door handle, I gave a giant pull on the door. If I had been standing any closer to the car, my legs would have received damage. The door swung open smoothly and completely. The odor of WD-40 reached my nostrils.  

They had oiled my door.  

Once in the car, I easily pulled the door shut. I would have to get used to that. But I quickly forgot. When I got home, I opened the door ... and almost fell out of the car. The heavy door swung smoothly to its widest point and just pulled me right out.  

It’s been a few days now. I’m adjusting. Sometimes I smile as my door opens silently and swings open wide. Why did I put up with such annoyances for so long?  

But in real life, I’ve done the same thing.  

It’s so much easier to put up with the irritations … people who drag you down with their negativity … ones who prefer to play the victim … others who think God put them in charge … than to confront. It’s just never the right time. Besides it really stinks to get in someone’s face and speak the truth.  

But as I’ve discovered who I am and who God wants me to be, I’ve learned about tough love. Sometimes others have no idea how they come across. Some make it very clear they like being that way. But at least I’ve done my part … sprayed some care and love on them.  

Thank goodness for God’s love … and WD-40.  

I'm not writing all this as a neighborhood scold just to make you feel rotten. I'm writing as a father to you, my children. I love you and want you to grow up well, not spoiled.” 1 Corinthians 4:14 (MSG)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP