Chaff

>> Saturday, May 5, 2012

I couldn’t shake the word out of my head … chaff … planted there at the Good Friday service. That evening, around the edge of the auditorium had been eight stations designed to help you contemplate your life. It had been a very simple spot against the wall … a table with some fans sitting on it … fans to signify blowing away the chaff in your life. Some written words helped direct your thinking.  

Did I have chaff in my life?  

That question stayed with me through the coming days. The dictionary told me that chaff meant something comparatively worthless. So I began observing my daily routine and habits.  

Boy, did I have chaff in my life.  

How many programs on television are really worth watching? What kind of books do I read that bring value to my life? How much time do I waste on Facebook? What about my Bible reading and prayer time? These were the questions in my head.  

I needed to re-prioritize some activities.  

As I evaluated my patterns, I realized this had to happen on the inside before I could make it work. If I truly desired change, I would see things with a new perspective. It was about my actions that others don’t really see.  


I’ve got a little fan that’s blowing in my life … helping rid me of that chaff.  

“And then take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you.” Ephesians 4:24 (MSG)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP