Percolating

>> Wednesday, May 23, 2012

She said it in passing and then the conversation turned elsewhere. But I was still back at the statement, “So you’ve got some words up there (pointing to my head) that are percolating.”  

Funny word … percolating … and it described exactly how my mind felt.  

As a child, I remember my mother making coffee in a percolator. I couldn’t get past the smell … therefore I’ve never liked coffee. To make the coffee, the heated water would be forced under pressure through the grounds … and the finished product exhibited color, taste, aroma and stimulating properties.  

As a writer, I often feel the force of an idea seeping through my consciousness … and after a time of percolating I sit at a keyboard and the finished product flows through my fingers. It is my desire that my words contain color, taste, aroma and stimulating properties.  

But I don’t want to stop there.  

As a Christ-follower … one who listens to sermons and reads the Bible … the force of that input needs to penetrate my very soul … percolate … and then emanate from my life in living color, taste and a winsome fragrance. I’m not finished yet … but I can exhibit to the world what it means to live an abundant life.  

My percolator seems to be working continuously these days.


This is what I want you to do: Ask the Father for whatever is in keeping with the things I've revealed to you. Ask in my name, according to my will, and He'll most certainly give it to you. Your joy will be a river overflowing its banks!” John 16:23-24 (MSG)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP