There Is No Trying; Only Doing

>> Tuesday, May 8, 2012

 “I’m trying to lose weight.” How many times have I said that over the years? All my trying has gotten me is more trying. And then good ole’ Chuck Swindoll … my mentor via podcast … said: “There is no trying; only doing.”  

So right now … since I heard those words … I am doing.  

In conversations, I hear the words, “I’m trying to get out of debt.” But actions don’t match words when they show up with a new car. As a bookkeeper … and personal keeper of our finances … I don’t want the reputation of someone who tries to balance the bank statement.  

In the area of finances … both at work and at home … I am doing.  

But what about trying to trust God? The problem may seem just too big for Him to handle. Maybe it’s a situation that there is just no way out. Trusting God to lead is too hard. And so we … as human beings … take matters into our own hands to fix it. Trusting God means letting go of the outcome.  

For today … in the adversities of life … I am doing.


"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.” Matthew 6:34 (MSG)


2 comments:

Joanne Sher May 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM  

Super reminder. Just Do It, eh ;)

Joy Bach May 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM  

Thanks, Joanne. I'm a Nike representative.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP