Voice from the Back Seat

>> Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I had struggled so to find this job, I really couldn’t afford to lose it. Therefore, when I received the call from the school that I needed to come get Lyn … she was throwing up … the decision to leave work in the middle of the day caused me concern. My children came first … always. But so did feeding them.  

I left work and drove to the school … and then took Lyn home.  

“Take off your shoes and put on comfy clothes. I’ll get you some 7-UP.”  

When I returned to her room, she was still exactly where I left her … no changing of clothes … no removing of shoes.  

“Lyn, why didn’t you do what I asked?”  

“I can’t bend over.”  

Red flags … waving high.  

A few questions later, we headed for the car. This required a doctor’s intervention. I made Lyn a bed in the back seat. Dr. Gustafson …or Gus Gus as my kids called him … was the next stop.  

“God, you know I’m having a hard time. With their dad gone, I’m really struggling … and very alone. Are you there? Please help me with Lyn. Something’s seriously wrong. Give me the strength I need to go through this by myself.”  

“Everything will be OK.”  

I slammed on the brakes, my head whipping around to look in the back seat. “Who said that?”  

Lyn lay perfectly quiet. No one else was back there.  

As I continued driving toward the doctor, I knew … without any shadow of doubt … that God had told me everything was going to be ok. I was also aware that didn’t mean she would live or die … but whatever happened it would be ok.  

That was the day we discovered Lyn has a very high pain tolerance. Her appendix was close to rupture. The emergency operation caught it in time.  

And everything was ok.


“For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13 (NLT)



2 comments:

Joanne Sher May 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM  

Wow. What a story. He is so faithful!

Joy Bach May 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM  

Yes, He is. That was an awesome moment.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP