Legally Blind

>> Saturday, June 9, 2012

The doctor’s words sort of echoed in my head … legally blind. This was my eye we were discussing, not some documentary on t.v.  

For several months I had been aware of failing eyesight. Lying on the bed one day, I realized with my right eye I couldn’t even see the light fixture in the ceiling. My left eye clearly told me one was there. But legally blind? It sounded ominous.  

Only momentarily was I distracted by those words, because the doctor didn’t stop there. His voice continued right on with words like cataract … surgery … 20/20 vision. My blindness wasn’t permanent.  

A cataract is a clouding of the lens, distorting the flow of light and causing dim or blurry vision.  

Are you legally blind?  

I’m not talking about your physical eye … but your spiritual one. Has your lens grown cloudy with legalism? Has your flow of Light become distorted? God may have given you some specific guidelines for your own spiritual well-being. They may or may not apply to someone else.  

Don’t be legally blind.  

How is a cataract removed? The official word is phacoemulsification. This means the cloudy part of the lens is gently washed away. Then a new lens is implanted.  

You can see clearly again.  

Jesus is in the business of phacoemulsification. And His implants always give 20/20 vision. Schedule an appointment right away.  

“He looked up.”I see men. They look like walking trees." So Jesus laid hands on his eyes again. The man looked hard and realized that he had recovered perfect sight, saw everything in bright, twenty-twenty focus.” Mark 8:24-24 (MSG)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP