Sunburned Forehead

>> Wednesday, June 27, 2012

On vacation … in Tahoe … spending time with my daughters. We were busy seeing … doing … and talking. Then we took a break and sat on the deck at Starbucks.  

Time passes quickly when you are just enjoying yourself.  

I failed to take into consideration that we were at 6,000 feet elevation … and that I never am really in the sun very much. It never occurred to me as we sat and visited that my forehead was being baked.  

I’ve had a beet red forehead for several days … and now I’m peeling. It’s lovely.  

 But life is just like that. We can get so involved in what we are doing that we lose focus on important things … like protecting ourselves from the damage being done by outside forces. We let the foul language from a television program wash over us as we sit unprotected in our spirit. Or we watch a movie that has no morals and forget that our soul is being burned.  

There is a product called sunscreen. I’ve been using it since that fateful day and I’m not burning any more … and I’ve been in the sun a lot. But as Christ-followers, we have a powerful Sunscreen that will protect us from those harmful rays of evil. But just as sunscreen wears off and you have to slather more on … we need to be in close contact with Christ as we go through our day.  

Once or twice a year just won’t cut it.



"Every promise of God proves true; he protects everyone who runs to him for help.” Proverbs 30:5 (MSG)


4 comments:

Joanne Sher June 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM  

What a great analogy, Joy! Repeated application is SO important :)

doyoumeanwhatiknow July 10, 2012 at 3:31 AM  

Hmmmmmm, I'm going to use this in my Sunday Shool class. :) Angie

bumbu pecel bali February 21, 2014 at 4:01 AM  

this is good post.
and you can go here

http://bantalsilikon01.blogspot.com
http://kursusinternetmarketingmurah.blogspot.com
http://bumbupecelbali.blogspot.com


tanks very much.... :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP