It's All About Me

>> Saturday, July 7, 2012

Before my recent trip to Lake Tahoe, a friend told me to be sure and take the scenic drive around the south end of the lake and up to the viewpoint overlooking Emerald Bay. So the very first day of vacation that’s exactly what we did.  We enjoyed the absolutely beautiful view … with an island in the middle of the bay … and a house at the top.  

It was just as he told me it would be.  

A few days later we took a two-hour cruise on the lake. One of the highlights of the trip was Emerald Bay. As we drew closer to the bay, I could see the island … and watched as the house on the top grew larger.  

I decided I would take pictures up close and personal for my friend. He had only seen it from high above. I grabbed my iPhone from my pocket and clicked away. As we circled the island, our tour guide explained the house was built as a tea house … complete with steps climbing the steep hillside to the top.  

I was so pleased I could show the pictures and tell the story to my friend.  

A side note here: iPhones are hard to take pictures with in the bright sunlight. You can’t really see what your photos will look like.  

Imagine my surprise when I returned to the shade and pulled out my phone to view my pictures … and saw 12 pictures of ME! The phone has a button you can push to take a self portrait. I had somehow made the switch. I had close ups of my eyes, nose and mouth … 12 of them.  

It was all about me.  

Life can be like that. We have good intentions. We are busy doing something we say is for someone else. Yet when we take a moment to stand back and look at the whole picture, all that activity has been to show others how good … how self-sacrificing … how benevolent … how wonderful we are.  

It’s all about us.  

What kind of pictures are you taking?


“This message shows that God chooses people according to his own purposes; he calls people, but not according to their good or bad works.” Romans 9:10b-11a (NLT)


2 comments:

Holly Michael July 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM  

Joy, too funny! I've done that with my iphone, too...and btw, lovely shots!!!

Joy Bach July 10, 2012 at 8:49 AM  

Thanks Holly. Good to know I'm not alone.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP