Interference from the Son

>> Tuesday, October 16, 2012


Television is full of worthless stuff … just my opinion. So when I sit down to watch something, I really have a desire to enjoy the whole program. A few evenings ago I was intently focused on a story when the screen went black. 

Did I pay my bill? Is the television broken? Thoughts began to fly through my head. I had planned my evening around one program … and now it was gone … leaving me highly frustrated. Not sure whether to just give up and move on to another project, I waited for something to happen.

And it did … words on the screen. We’re sorry. We have lost the signal due to interference from the sun. As soon as the interference clears, we will return to your program.

Guess they couldn’t fix that.

As I waited, I thought of the times I had made plans … and then the Son disrupted them. One such time occurred years ago when I was scheduled for major surgery. I had more than just the operation to be anxious about … with three children who needed available homes for their care while I was hospitalized. My apprehension heightened when the doctor informed me my slight fever had caused the surgery to be postponed 24 hours.

I didn’t have 24 hours to waste.

And so I turned to the Son … with my frustrations and concerns. That’s when I discovered He had a better plan. As soon as I would let go and give it all to Him, the interference would clear and we would get on with the surgery. That 24-hour period was one of the most blessed times in my life.

Have you ever been subjected to interference from the Son?

“Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.” James 1:2-4 (MSG)

2 comments:

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps October 17, 2012 at 7:11 AM  

Yes, this interference is usually a blessing but sometimes we have to know that from a retrospective view, eh? THANK YOU JESUS!

Joy Bach October 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM  

So true, Marijo. Thanks for stopping by.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP