The Delicious Center

>> Tuesday, October 9, 2012


I have a love/hate relationship with cinnamon rolls. I love them … the flavor … the chewing … the fragrance. But once they are inside me, I hate what happens to my body … my arms … legs … stomach. So I try to avoid them.

However, the other day, one jumped onto my plate.

Actually my husband and I had taken a little outing to the mall. We do this every few years, just in case we’ve missed an important new store. And of course, you can smell Cinnabon the minute you enter. So we shared … cut it right down the middle.

That’s when I realized I would get only half the delicious center plug … the bite I wait until the very end to eat.

I used to make cinnamon rolls … pans of them … but that love/hate relationship just didn’t work out. I never sat down and devoured the roll. I had a plan each time I enjoyed one. I ate around it, peeling the sides away … round and round.

That left the best for last … that very soft, cinnamony, frosted center plug.  I let the deliciousness roll over me as I slowly chewed that ultimate treat.

Isn’t following Christ similar? We eat all around the Gospel. We go to Bible studies … sometimes even teach one. We serve in the food line at the Celebrate Recovery meeting. And we never miss a church service. These are all good activities … and if God calls us, we do need to respond.

But what about that delicious center … when you know you are right in the center of His will. Everything else falls away and we let the deliciousness of His love wash over us. And we don’t have to cut it down the middle to share. Each one of us can have the whole plug … He has enough for everyone.

Lately I’ve been really enjoying that delicious center … without any weight gain.

“But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God’s love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life!” Jude 1:20-21 (MSG)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP