A Life of Integrity

>> Friday, November 9, 2012


Chuck Swindoll’s recent podcasts have been about Daniel. I’ve heard the story of Daniel my whole life, yet Chuck brought out a point new to me.

But first … the lion’s den.

Daniel was not thrown into the lion’s den because he did something wrong … but due to his unswerving belief in God. He made others in power nervous. So they investigated Daniel’s life … searching for an illegal transaction here or a secret addiction there.

They could find nothing.

They trapped him by instigating a decree that he bow down and worship someone other than the real God. If he were caught praying to his God, he would be killed. Yet Daniel continued his daily practice of kneeling by an open window and pouring out his heart in prayer … three times a day.

His spies caught him, took him to the king and arrangements were made for him to be thrown into a den of hungry lions.

Here’s the information I had never heard before. When this took place, Daniel was 80 years old! That’s like arresting Billy Graham (well he just turned 94) and throwing him to the lions.

So my ponderings turned to my own life. If I had spies watching me, what would they find? Am I living a life of high integrity … or just mediocre? And would I be willing to continue my worship of God so openly if I knew it meant my death?

What about you?

“Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.” Proverbs 10:9 (ESV)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP