Headphones and Spotters

>> Thursday, November 15, 2012


From my seat in the grandstands I could see the entire racetrack. And I was ready … sun block, sunglasses, hat … and scanner headphones. I didn’t want to miss anything.

To my right, at the very top of the bleachers, stood a row of men. I could see their silhouette against the blue sky. Soon I would be hearing their voices. They were the spotters. It was their job to continually watch the action going on all around one car … the car and driver they worked for. Since there were 43 cars in the race, the row was comprised of 43 men.

The cars began to move and the voices in the headphones started their instructions. Some spotters talked a lot … others only when necessary. They gave information like the distance from the car in front of them … the car behind them … or who was coming up on the outside. Instructions were given for how many laps left before pitting … how much fuel they had left … and who would be pitting with them.

I was listening to the 2 car when the spotter gave his driver this warning. “The 24 is waiting for the 15 to come by so he can take him out. Try to avoid them.” And sure enough, the 24 slammed into the 15, with two more cars piling in. But the 2 car drove around on the inside and avoided the wreck.

As I sat there, it occurred to me that I have a Spotter … one whose focus is entirely on me and what is happening in my life. If I listen to Him, he will keep me informed of how I’m doing in this race of life.

And He will help me avoid the wrecks … if I just listen.

“Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.” Psalm 25:4 (NLT)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP