Proclamations

>> Thursday, December 20, 2012


I didn’t receive a proclamation from an angel … it was from my mother. When I was 15 years old, the words that came out of her mouth totally changed my future. Yet I said nothing.

“It’s been decided that you will marry the preacher’s son.”

My insides clinched. I had questions. Why? When? Who decided? Didn’t my wishes count? But I never voiced them. The why, when and who were inconsequential. I knew I had no say in the matter. I was very sure if mother said it … it would happen.

And it did. My life was changed forever.
 
So when I read of an angel appearing to Mary, I have a miniscule understanding of the scenario. Mary may have been 15 … maybe younger … when she was told she would give birth. She had questions … was confused and disturbed (NLT) … unsure if it was true. But she did not remain mute.

“Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I am a virgin?” (NASB)  

After hearing the angel’s explanation, Mary graciously submitted … accepting she would bear a child … even though it was humanly impossible.

And she did. Her life was changed forever.

So in your life, what proclamation have you been given? Did you question it? Were you confused? What was your reaction? Did you acquiesce without a fight? Did you ask for time to think it over? After hearing an explanation, did you understand?

Did it happen? Was your life changed forever? 


“Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own.” Proverbs 3:5 (MSG)


2 comments:

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps December 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM  

Would love to hear more of your story - did you marry him at age 15?

Joy Bach December 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM  

No I turned 17 in December and married in February. My senior year. Didn't finish. Moved away. I have plans to write a book. Have talked to Jan about it. It's a dream of mine.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP