Debris in Your Lap

>> Tuesday, February 26, 2013


I watched the television in horror as the car slammed into the safety barrier and disintegrated before my eyes. When the spinning cars all came to a stop, the front end of car #32 was missing. The flaming engine lay behind the barrier … in the grandstand. Who knew where the tires were.

As the scene unfolded at the end of the Nationwide Race, my thoughts turned to another race … one I had attended.  I sat on row 20 … several yards before the finish line … exactly where the debris from this wreck had landed. Later the news reported that one of the tires had landed in the lap of an unsuspecting spectator.

It could have been me.

I read comments asking, “Why didn’t they just get out of the way?” How fast can you move in three seconds? Those cars are going almost 200 mph. You have no warning.

Suddenly you have debris in your lap.

Life is exactly like that. Our days are flying by … with exciting activities and boring cautions. We are spectators.

And then suddenly we have debris in our lap.

A child is killed in a car crash. A parent has a heart attack. You are given a cancer diagnosis. There is no escape. You just can’t move fast enough.

Even though you may have debris in your lap, there is a Safety Barrier that will protect your soul. No matter how fast the oncoming crisis, that Barrier never breaks … keeping you safe.

“They are protected from the Destroyer for good. No one can steal them from out of my hand. The Father who put them under my care is so much greater than the Destroyer and Thief. No one could ever get them away from Him.” John 10:28-29 (MSG)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP