Laundry Day

>> Monday, February 11, 2013


The bathtub (we had only one) was used for soaking laundry. And since mother took in washings and ironings, the bathtub had clothes in it quite often … especially whites. Now she wanted those white clothes to be really white, so before placing the clothes in the tub she added something to the water. It was called bluing … which made fabric appear whiter. But bluing was not permanent and rinsed out over time, returning the clothes to a dingy or yellow cast.

It’s also the same principle sometimes used by white-haired people, causing them to be called “the blue hairs” … but we won’t go there.

As I thought about laundry day, I began to compare that process to the journey I’ve been on in life. The dogma and misguided instructions I received growing up left me with a very dingy concept of life … and myself. And I just lived with it … not knowing there was a Person that could take care of my dinginess.
 
Then came the day I placed all my religion and low self-esteem in the bluing to soak. And the thing about the bluing I discovered is that it is permanent … never rinsing out. Oh, I’m not saying sometimes I don’t get stains, but with a little soaking in God’s word and some prayer, the stains are removed.

Is it time for laundry day at your house?

“Soak me in your laundry and I’ll come out clean, scrub me and I’ll have a snow-white life.” Psalm 51:7 (MSG)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP