The Joy of Blooming

>> Friday, February 22, 2013


I received a bouquet of lovely pink tulips for Valentine’s Day … which I placed in a vase and sat in a central location of our home. Each time I looked at them, I felt warm fuzzies. I was loved.

But the progression of their blossoms intrigued me.

The first day or two they were standing straight and tall with their bloom closed up. Only if I stood above them, looking down, could I see the pale yellow center. Then I noticed they began to bend toward the sun.

As days passed, they no longer stood straight and tall. They leaned a little … allowing me to see that design inside the blossom. Then more leaning that actually looked like drooping. And then the petals dropped … one at a time.

I turned 70 on my last birthday. I no longer stand straight and tall. (Well the tall part never happened anyway.) I’m doing some leaning … and bending toward the Son. As I’ve matured, I’ve allowed myself to open up and display the special design I have inside of me.

I’ve not dropped any petals yet … that I know of. 

My desire is to give as much joy to others as those flowers gave me. And that perhaps the progression of my blossoms will intrigue others … to want to know me … to get to know my passions and talents … and to bend toward the Son with me.

 “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” I Peter 3:3-4 (NIV)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP