Tangaled Cords

>> Tuesday, March 12, 2013


Today the young and hip use ear buds when they listen to their iPods. I am neither … so I use headphones. I keep them in a container in my car along with other items to use when I exercise.

This morning, when I stepped on the treadmill and tried to place the headphones on my head … I couldn’t. The cord was just too tangled … full of spirals and knots. So I stood with my feet straddled on the edges of the belt while I worked on untangling the cord. Then the thought hit me … even if I didn’t get the cord straightened out; the sound from the podcast would still be flowing … right through the mess … and into the earphones.

That’s just like life … and God.

My life has been quite a tangled mess at times. And I’ve been sure I could take care of all those spirals and knots by myself. So I worked and worked at it. And the whole time, God was still speaking.

I just wasn’t listening. 


“I’ve called, but you’ve turned a deaf ear; I’ve reached out to you, but you’ve ignored Me.” Proverbs 1:24 (MSG)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP