Wind Gusts ... and God

>> Thursday, March 21, 2013


The wind was gusting up to 40 MPH as I began my drive to Boise. Heading south toward Oregon, the blasts to the side of my car caused me to have a tight grip on the steering wheel. As my hands jerked back and forth trying to keep going in a straight line, I compared myself to a NASCAR driver with a loose racecar.

It would make for a long trip. 

After crossing into Oregon and changing freeways, the wind no longer caused issues. In fact, I was being pushed down the highway … with the wind at my back.

What a difference that made.

Isn’t life just like that? We feel we are being blasted on every side … trying to keep a tight grip on what’s happening. As we are buffeted, we have choices. Do we keep going the way we are traveling … or do we change directions?

If we decide to let God be in charge of the direction, it makes all the difference in the world.



“But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve … but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15 (NIV)


2 comments:

dandelionfleur March 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM  

Yes--it makes all the difference!

Joy Bach March 21, 2013 at 11:47 AM  

Thanks for stopping by. And yes it does.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP