Duty Fulfilled

>> Tuesday, May 21, 2013


My first car was a little Datsun. Not much of a car, but it got me from here to there. I’ve had Honda Accords and Civics. They were nicer than the Datsun, had a little more power and got me from here to there. My Maxima was nice. I liked the color and the roominess. But its duty was to get me from here to there. 

Then I came up in the world. I looked for a car I actually wanted … not just a service vehicle. An Acura TL was my car of choice. Nice. Had some power. But it still got me from here to there. Now I own a Hyundai Sonata. Turbo Charged. And it gets me from here to there. Sometimes faster.

A few days ago I was given the opportunity to ride in a Corvette. Six gears. Over 500 HP. A variety of options and buttons. I experienced going from zero to 100 MPH in seconds. My head whipped and the tires chattered. I grinned.

But it still just got us from here to there.

There are all kinds of Christ-followers. Some are quiet and stay behind the scenes … sending cards of encouragement and taking time to pray for others. Others are more active … volunteering at church … working at the mission … taking someone to lunch. Then there are the Christ-followers who travel the world sharing the Gospel. Their name is familiar to many.

But bottom line … they are all just fulfilling the duty they were designed for.

“Do everything readily and cheerfully—no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night … .” Philippians 2:14-15 (MSG)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP