Project Design

>> Thursday, May 9, 2013


I’ve been organizing my storage room. One thing I needed in there was a way to look at my yarns and be able to choose which ones I wanted to use in my next project. Some yarns are bright … some muted. Others are variegated … which means they have a lot of colors. I can use a multitude of other colors to work in with that kind of yarn.

I try to match the project with the intended receiver.
 
For the NASCAR fan dying of cancer, I used the NASCAR colors for his afghan. The baby being born into a family of Oregon Duck’s fans, I used green and yellow. A lovely young lady who is petite … but pregnant … I made a dainty round baby afghan. I’m currently working on a baby afghan whose mother has been described to me as “hippie”. It’s going to have a lot of fun colors in it.
 
Each project is created with a certain receiver in mind … and prayers are worked into the yarn as my fingers fly.

Don’t you think God is like that?
 
He looks at us … sees us as we really are … and chooses just the right circumstances and events to create a pleasing finished project. We are surrounded with His love and prayer as we live each day … while He works on completing us.

How wonderful that our pattern makes us a unique individual unlike any other. I’m comfortable in the Master Designer’s hands.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.” Psalm 139:13 (NIV)


3 comments:

Rita Garcia May 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM  

Thanks for the inspiration, Joy! It blessed me today!

dandelionfleur May 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM  

So cool, Joy! The analogy and what you're doing.

Joy Bach May 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM  

Thanks so much for your comments. They mean a lot.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP