Rescued

>> Sunday, July 28, 2013


The hot tub at our condo became our gathering place each morning and evening. The rules said only eight people at a time could enjoy it. Sometimes we broke that rule. We met folks from New Zealand, Germany, Japan… and many other places. Their stories were fascinating.

One morning, when the bell tolled 8:00 (opening time), we gathered our towels and headed out. No one else was there. My husband and I were taking advantage of some couple time, when a lady walked through the doorway, turned right and headed to the swimming pool.
 
“Oh my goodness. There’s a mouse swimming in the pool.”

She went into action. A “Caution, slippery when wet” board was nearby. The board barely touched the water, when the mouse scampered up it, across the concrete and into the bushes.

Rescued.

Have you ever felt like you were futilely swimming…round and round…and getting nowhere? Your legs moved as fast as they could, but were tiring. Soon you would drown.
 
I’ve experienced being rescued, both in my life and in my soul.

I didn’t scamper up the board to escape my robotic existence. But with the help of others who loved me, I slowly emerged and became a whole person. My soul was bloody and bruised from false teachings about God. There were others who gently lifted me into a relationship with a loving God.
 
Rescued.

“Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It’s God’s gift from start to finish!” Ephesians 2:8 (MSG)


2 comments:

Rhonda Ritenour July 30, 2013 at 7:58 AM  

What a fun/neat connection and post! I can definitely relate to share you shared. Thank goodness for grace! :-)

Joy Bach July 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM  

Thanks for stopping by Rhonda. And for your comments.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP