Buckled In

>> Wednesday, August 14, 2013


Today I have a guest blogger…my husband, John.

I was only going a few blocks down a side street. As I started to buckle my seat belt, I stopped just short of inserting it in the clasp. I held the V of the strap in my thumb near the clasp for the short trip. I figured if I passed a policeman, it would look like I had my seatbelt secured.

What would have happened if I had been in a wreck? I’m sure holding the strap in my hand would have done little to keep me from being injured or perhaps killed.

That got me thinking of some people who go to church on Sunday with their Bibles in hand…

How many of them go to church to “look good”, meet other nice people, or perhaps even feel like they have done the right thing like their parents told them to. (I did that for a number of years).

But until they have inserted their lives into the solid clasp of Jesus Christ as their Savior and King they are in danger of an inevitable crash (short of the Rapture) that could separate them from eternal life.


I can see it now—at the Final Judgment thousands strutting up to me and saying, ‘Master, we preached the Message, we bashed the demons, our God-sponsored projects had everyone talking.’ And do you know what I am going to say? ‘You missed the boat. All you did was use me to make yourselves important. You don’t impress me one bit. You’re out of here.’” Matthew 7:22-23 (MSG)



2 comments:

dandelionfleur August 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM  

Buckled up--at least most of the time. Sometimes when I'm in a back seat, I don't. I can see how that would be dangerous--both in life and in the car. Thanks for the reminder.

Gail Thomas August 15, 2013 at 11:18 AM  

Wow! Isnt that the truth! Great reminder to us all..
Preach it sister!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP