Work in Progress

>> Tuesday, August 20, 2013


When my husband and I had our home built three years ago, we didn’t quite understand the wind patterns and the tunnel effect that would occur between our house and the one to the south. Sometimes our winds blow 40-50 miles per hour from the southwest. Soon we learned that those winds would cause our lawn swing and chairs on the patio to take wing and fly over the fire pit.

We talked it over and decided to wall off the south end of the patio…stucco with tile in the center.  Good idea.
 
Plans were put in motion…tile chosen…and the design for placement of those tiles laid out on our patio floor. We took a ten-day vacation expecting the wall to be complete when we returned.

It wasn’t.

Days passed.  And then a week.  And then two. Work has begun with completion promised tonight.

As I’ve watched and waited, my thoughts have turned to my personal progress in life. But the delays and stagnation in my growth were not a matter of days…or even weeks. This project has taken years. And God is not through with me yet.

I can hardly wait to see the finished me!

“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished….” Philippians 1:6 (NLT)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP