Simple...But Not Easy

>> Tuesday, October 1, 2013


My loved one is nearing the end of his life. I’ve been in touch by telephone. I owe so much to him…he helped me find my life. Grief. Another loved one has had to give up his lifetime passion…music. Who is he without a horn to his lips? Sadness.

Yet another loved one has been given a devastating diagnosis…and the future is uncertain. Tears. I’ve had a lifelong battle with eye problems. But recently new symptoms have developed. After three visits to the eye doctor, I’m no closer to resolution. Frustrating. A few days ago a friend was killed in an accident. Shock.

And now our government has shut down…affecting millions…my daughter one of them. Worry.

In all of these situations, I am helpless to change the outcome. But I’m so delighted to say I am in charge of my reactions. I do not have to walk through my days weighed down by sorrow or fear.

I have a choice. It’s simple…but not easy.

Each time my mind turns to one of these situations, I remind myself I’ve given that to God. I don’t have to stress. That’s where the hard part comes in. I want to mull over the issue…to fix it.

I am living proof that it works. I sleep soundly, knowing I’m not in charge.


“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP