Good Eye…Bad Eye

>> Sunday, November 17, 2013

My right eye used to be my bad eye…not functioning properly. In fact, my vision was so blurry I was declared legally blind in that eye. My left eye became the dominant one…taking control of my focus. And then I was given a lens implant in my right eye. Immediately the vision in that eye was much sharper than my left eye.

So my left eye rebelled.

For several years now, my eyes have not worked together. They both want to be in charge. That causes issues such as double vision and slower tracking of movement. But recently my Optometrist mentioned I have developed a cataract in my left eye. The manifestation of that film over my eye lens has resulted in inferior quality of vision in that eye.


So who’s in charge now?

As Christ-followers, we face the same issue of who’s in charge. Sometimes the lines of right and wrong can become blurry. Due to factors in our lives, we may find it difficult to focus. There are forces within us that are at war.

We are not helpless in this battle. Just as a lens implant restores clear vision, our God can remove the cause of indistinct vision. We don’t even have to make an appointment and endure countless tests. He made us and knows us from the inside out.

We just need to allow Him to do His work.


“Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.” 1 Corinthians 13:12 (NLT)



2 comments:

Rita Garcia November 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM  

Love this analogy! “Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.” 1 Corinthians 13:12 (NLT) AMEN!!

Joy Bach November 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM  

Thanks for stopping by, Rita. Love it when you comment.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP